Ames Golf & Country Club was formed in 1911. The original Club, a nine-hole golf course with a club house and swimming pool was located south of Ames. In 1971, land was purchased and a new golf course was built at the present location, north of Ames.
The grand opening of the new facility was held on Labor Day 1974. The Club sits on 164 acres, including a well-manicured golf course, a zero-depth entry pool with a snack bar and two tennis courts. The pool facilities are available Memorial Day through Labor Day.
The Clubhouse was built on a knoll and consists of a club room, banquet room, formal dining room, full bar, newly renovated locker rooms and golf shop. The club room offers casual dining while the banquet and formal dining facilities offer a wide array of menu options to include full service or a la carte.
The Clubhouse was renovated in January 2001.
The renovations updated the service features available in the main dining room, which overlooks the scenic golf course with a walk-out deck. The Club Room went through renovations in February 2005. It is an inviting spot to enjoy lunch, a quick bite after a round of golf, a place to watch your favorite sports event or to enjoy a relaxing evening with cocktails on the walk-out patio.
The Golf Shop, located in the lower level of the club house, is managed by our Head Golf Professional, Scott Nugent and his professional staff. The golf shop offers the highest quality merchandise at affordable prices and is open daily during the golf season.
The Club has a variety of membership options from Social to Full Family Membership to accommodate needs on an individual basis. We also offer a Corporate Membership to companies looking to reward their employees or themselves. Come join the longstanding traditions and family at Ames Golf & Country Club!
Ames Golf & Country Club
5752 George Washington Carver Avenue
Ames, IA 50010